High Holidays 5778
All are welcome to celebrate the rich history and traditions of the Jewish holidays at Congregation B’nai Jacob. Tickets are FREE and you don’t have to be a member to worship with us. Donations are appreciated to help support our ongoing commitment to service the Jewish community of Hudson County and beyond.
- Saturday, September 16
- 6:30pm Selichot service
- Wednesday, September 20
- 6:30pm Erev Rosh Hashanah catered dinner, 7PM. Cost: $36. Please RSVP.
- Thursday, September 21
- 9:45AM-12:15PM Rosh Hashanah I: an innovative service linking the past to the future including morning service, Torah service, and Shofar service.
- 4:00pm Tashlich at Korean War Veterans Memorial at foot of Washington St
- Friday, September 22
- 9:45-12PM Rosh Hashanah II: a traditional service
- 7:00PM: Bat Mitzvah of Khira Fried! Ro and Paul Fried invite the entire community to join them in celebrating the Bat Mitzvah of their daughter Khira. The service will be conducted by Khira Fried and will be followed by a casual dinner for everyone to attend.
- Sunday, September 24 Celebrating the New Year with Friends in the Rabbi’s home: 3pm – 6PM
- Friday, September 29
- 6:30pm Erev Yom Kippur & Kol Nidre service
- Saturday, September 30
- 10:00am – 7:15 Yom Kippur services and activities
Remember a loved one
We are preparing our Annual Book of Remembrance in memory of loved ones. The Book will be distributed at Yizkor services on Yom Kippur, Shemini Atzeret, Pesach and Shavuot. Names already on plaques in our Sanctuary will automatically be included. If you would like to add a name in our Book of Remembrance for the coming one year period, we ask for a $36 donation per name. Please call the office (201-435-5725) and we will provide further instructions on how to submit.