High Holidays 5778
All are welcome to celebrate the rich history and traditions of the Jewish holidays at Congregation B’nai Jacob. High Holiday services are open to all, and all are invited. Attendees will not need tickets and will not be charged a fee. And, you don’t have to be a member to worship with us. Donations are appreciated to help support our ongoing commitment to service the Jewish community of Hudson County and beyond.
- Saturday, September 16
- 6:30pm Selichot service
- Wednesday, September 20
- 6:30pm Erev Rosh Hashanah catered dinner, 7PM. Cost: $36. Please RSVP.
- Thursday, September 21
- 9:45AM-12:15PM Rosh Hashanah I: an innovative service linking the past to the future including morning service, Torah service, and Shofar service.
- 4:00pm Tashlich at Korean War Veterans Memorial at foot of Washington St
- Friday, September 22
- 9:45-12PM Rosh Hashanah II: a traditional service
- 7:00PM: Bat Mitzvah of Khira Fried! Ro and Paul Fried invite the entire community to join them in celebrating the Bat Mitzvah of their daughter Khira. The service will be conducted by Khira Fried and will be followed by a casual dinner for everyone to attend.
- Sunday, September 24 Celebrating the New Year with Friends in the Rabbi’s home: 3pm – 6PM
Note: High Holiday services are open to all, and all are invited. Attendees will not need tickets and will not be charged a fee.
- Friday, September 29
- 6:30pm Erev Yom Kippur & Kol Nidre service
- Saturday, September 30: Yom Kippur services and activities
- Morning service with Torah service: 10 AM -11:15 AM.
- Yizkor service: 11:45AM.
- Yom Kippur afternoon program:
- Yoga: 4PM-5PM
- Mincha service: Book of Yonah: reading, study and discussion: 5 PM.
- Yizkor and Healing service: 6 PM.
- Nehila service: 6:20 PM.
- Final Shofar Blast: 7:20 PM
- Community breakfast: 7:25 PM sponsored by Jane Canter and family.
We would like to wish to all of you a year of success, health, love, compassion and happiness!